Posted by Allyson Greene at 1/11/2010 12:00:00 PM
Mrs. Nagle’s and Ms. Toussant’s classes were led by a NASA Johnston Space Center Educator in a special videoconference about solar energy. Topics discussed were:
- Solar Energy
- Potential and Kinetic Energy
- Forms of Energy
- How solar energy is used on Earth
- How solar energy is used by astronauts aboard the International Space Station
- How we will use solar energy in future space exploration missions
- Solar Farms–check out the picture!
We also got to see Mission Control and some of the astronauts training underwater for the upcoming Space Shuttle mission, scheduled for launch on February 7, 2010! This videoconference is part of an indepth study of energy for our 3rd graders in the upcoming weeks when visiting the Discovery lab.