Posted by Laurie Sullivan at 6/14/2010 9:00:00 AM
Fourth graders have been learning about the oil spill, the clean up effort, and the impact on ocean animals, people, and the Louisiana wetlands.
- Live webinar with Philippe Cousteau to learn about the Gulf Oil Spill
- Cleaning up a simulated oil spill in the Discovery Lab
- IMAX movie Hurricane on the Bayou with emphasis on the importance of the Louisiana wetlands
- Experimenting with the Wetlands Environscape Model (purchased with NASA Explorer School Grant Funds)
- Reading about the Gulf Oil Spill in the Barrett Field Station and Visiting the Outdoor Classroom miniwetland (imagining it drenched with oil)
Webinar with Philippe Cousteau Cleaning up the oil Fiddle prodigy Amanda Shaw tours the wetlands in “Hurricane on the Bayou.” Observing the simulated plant roots in the Wetlands Enviroscape Model Reading Scholastic News Animals in Danger as Huge Oil Spill Spreads and completing activities with maps and Cause & Effect.An EFFECT is something that happens. A CAUSE is why something happens. Wetland at the edge of the pond in the Barrett Outdoor Classroom