Posted by Allyson Greene at 10/6/2009 3:00:00 PM
For their next trip to the Discovery lab, Ms. Royston’s 4th grade class will be creating a map of the Chesapeake Bay. Their maps will include the following information: states, important cities, rivers which ‘shed’ their waters into the Bay, and regions that encompass the Chesapeake Bay Watershed.
In order to complete this challenge, students will utilize the following websites:
- Google Maps: www.google.com
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation: www.cbf.org
- Chesapeake Bay Program: www.chesapeakebay.net
- National Geographic Map: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2005/06/chesapeake-bay/map-interactive
- Then and Now of the Chesapeake Bay: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/resources/ngo/education/chesapeake/index.html
Check back soon to see our work and what we have learned!