Canvas covers everyone’s dashboard up with Color Overlay. It can make your dashboard look like a foggy day.
With only a few steps you can remove the color overlay and brighten up your dashboard. Learn how to do this in the tutorial below.
Canvas Dashboards have a color overlay. You can remove the overlay to make the dashboard brighter. Click Start to begin.
Here’s an interactive tutorial
1. The Canvas dashboard has an overlay on top of the class cards by default. You can turn this off to brighten up your view. You can do this in either the web version or the Canvas app. We’ll show you both ways. You only need to do it in one.
2. In the web version of Canvas, click the three dots at the top of your dashboard.
3. Click Color Overlay to turn it off.
4. That’s it. Enjoy your brighter dashboard.
Continue on to see how to turn off the Overlay in the iPad app. Remember you only need to do this once.
5. On the iPad the dashboard looks a little different, but with the overlay, the courses are still a bit dull.
6. First, click the three horizontal bars at the top left of your dashboard.
7. Switch the Color Overlay to off.
8. Yours should look like this.
9. That’s it. You’re done. Enjoy the brighter dashboard.