September 5, 2022
We had a fabulous 1st week of school! It was so wonderful to see our students back at school. This week, our students focused on learning on routines and expectations in their classroom. They should have co-constructed Classroom Contracts within their learning communities to ensure we start the year off creating supportive learning environments for each other. We hope you all enjoyed the long holiday weekend! This week is jam packed with quite a few events. We hope to see all of you there!
Please see the information below to help you get ready for this week!
- Back to school night is on Thursday, September 8, 2022. Back to School Night provides parents and caregivers with the opportunity to learn about their child’s grade level curriculum and what is in store for their child. The event will take place from 5:00pm – 6:30 pm.
- 5:00- 5:20 PM, there will be a welcome and greeting from the Principal. There will be an opportunity to meet the school’s student success team such as the School Counselor and the academic coaches that support teachers.
- 5:25-5:55 PM, parents will have the opportunity to join the 1st session.
- 6:00-6:30 PM, parents with multiple children will have an opportunity to join the 2nd session.
- Each session is 30 minutes in length. Information from the first session is repeated in the 2nd session. Our Specials teachers (PE, Art, Library, Music, and Project Discovery) will be in the library for parents interested in learning more about our Specials curriculum. Please see the flier for more information.
- Registration for the Fall Enrichment Classes has arrived! Do you want your student to get some exercise, study Spanish or learn piano after school? Registration is now open for fall enrichment programs! Enrichment classes are one hour long each week of the session and start immediately after the school day ends. Your student’s teacher or Extended Day staff member will take them directly to the enrichment class, so your student can experience fun and engaging extracurricular activities, without ever leaving the school grounds! After their enrichment class is over, they will return to Extended Day or be picked up by their parent/guardian, just like after a normal school day. Please see below for the program options, dates and cost. Registration closes on September 11 and some scholarship opportunities are available. Please reach out with any questions to Whitney Minter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Register here!
- Please join us on Friday, September 9th to enjoy a cup of ice cream, courtesy of the KW Barrett PTA! From 6:30 – 7:30 pm, there will be opportunities to sign up for the PTA, learn other ways to support the PTA, and say hello to fellow students, faculty, staff and parents. Hope to see you there!
|Upcoming Events At A Glance|
|September 6||7:00 PM-8:30 PM/ Virtual||PTA Meeting: Please refer to the email from Heather Roberts for the Zoom Link|
|September 8||5:00 PM- 6:30 PM||Back to School Night|
|September 9||6:30 PM-7:30 PM||Ice Cream Social|
|September 14||5:00 PM- 6:00 PM||Gates of Ballston Backpack Event|
|September 26||No School||Holiday- Rosh Hashanah|
Quarterly Grade Level Newsletters
Click on the link for your child’s grade level newsletter. This year, newsletters will be linked to the principal’s message. Please reach out to your child’s teacher to request a printed copy if you’d prefer a hard copy..
|Pre-K||Montessori||Kindergarten||1st Grade||2nd Grade||3rd Grade||4th Grade||5th Grade|
|Dr. Duran’s Message|