Dear Barrett Families:
I hope you enjoyed the beautiful long weekend! Please see the information below to help you get ready for this week!
- Annual Online Verification Process (AOVP): The Annual Online Verification Process is an opportunity for families to review and update vital student, parent, and emergency contact information. It also contains important policies and authorizations. Families must complete this process by Oct. 31, 2022 to ensure that schools have accurate student information as we begin the school year. Families can access and complete the AOVP through their active Parent VUE account. ParentVue is the online portal that families use to monitor their studen’s education, report absences, and communicate with teachers. To complete the AOVP, log into ParentVUE on a desktop/laptop instead of using the APP. Contact Sandra Espinoza at email@example.com for help activating your ParentVUE account, completing AOVP, or for additional support.
- Barrett Runners: 3rd-5th Grade Parents – your child likely brought home this week (or will early next week) a permission form and information sheet about Barrett Runners. If your child would like to participate, they need to bring the signed permission form and program fee back into school to their teacher before the first session on October 7th. Cash or check payments (made out to “Barrett Elementary School”) are accepted. All other information is on the form, but reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!running or walking with them this year or if you need further information about Barrett Runners.
- Beginning of Year Assessments: Please see below for parent notification letters for the beginning of year assessments per grade. This was shared by APS as well on September 21.
|Grade Level(s)||Universal Screener||Link to Parent Notification Letter|
|PreK||VKRP (EMAS, PALS, CBRS)||PreK Parent Notification Letter|
|Kindergarten||VKRP (EMAS, PALS, CBRS), DIBELS||Kinder Parent Notification Letter|
|Grades 1-2||PALS, DIBELS, MI||Grades 1-2 Parent Notification Letter|
|Grades 3-5||DIBELS, MI||Grades 3-5 Parent Notification Letter|
- COVID In-School Testing: APS will continue to offer optional in-school COVID testing for all students and staff through our testing partner, Aegis Sciences Corporation. Our testing day is Thursday from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM in the lobby. Please see this link for more information. Please remind your child to get tested on Thursday mornings if you have opted them in.How to OPT IN to Testing:If this is your first time participating: You can OPT IN here (students)If you participated last year:
- You should renew your consent directly through the PrimaryHealth portal. Instructions were sent to the email you previously registered with. If you need assistance renewing consent, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Volunteering at Barrett: We will have a variety of opportunities for families to volunteer at the school to support our students this school year. Please complete the volunteer application and other important training to complete your volunteer training if you are interested in volunteering. See this link for more information on volunteering with us.
|Upcoming Events At A Glance|
|September 29||5:30-6:30 PM||Gifted Services Parent Information Night|
|October 2||NA||National Custodian Appreciation Day|
|October 3||7:00 PM- 8:30 PM||PTA Meeting Via Zoom|
|October 5||No School||Holiday: Yom Kippur|
|October 7||4:00-5:00 PM||Barrett Runners Begins|
|October 10||No School||APS Countywide Day of Learning for Staff|
Quarterly Grade Level Newsletters
Click on the link for your child’s grade level newsletter. This year, newsletters will be linked to the principal’s message. Please reach out to your child’s teacher to request a printed copy if you’d prefer a hard copy.
|Pre-K||Montessori||Kindergarten||1st Grade||2nd Grade||3rd Grade||4th Grade||5th Grade|
|Dr. Duran’s Message|