For the 2019-20 school year, Arlington Public Schools (APS) will implement a new annual online verification process for updating and maintaining accurate information for your student. This new process will replace the printed forms that were included in the First Day Packet students used to receive on the first day of school. The new annual online verification process will help APS streamline the way families verify their student’s information, ensure the accuracy of student information, decrease the amount of time families spend completing the paper forms, and will help the environment by eliminating wasted paper.
This new process will utilize ParentVUE, the online tool that most of our families are already familiar with and use regularly to track the latest information regarding their student. With online verification, families will now be able to update information for each of their students through their ParentVUE account at the start of school.
To ensure a smooth transition, we are asking that all parents and guardians take steps now to ensure they have an active ParentVUE account by June 1, 2019 in preparation for this upcoming change.
Activating Your ParentVUE Account You are receiving this letter because our records indicate that you have not yet activated your ParentVUE account. To assist, we have enclosed your activation letter, which includes your personalized “activation key” and instructions to activate your account.
A few important notes:
• When you are ready to activate your ParentVUE account, please visit the ParentVUE login page (https://vue.apsva.us) using a personal computer or mobile device and follow the instructions on your activation key letter.
• An email address is REQUIRED to activate your ParentVUE account.
• Every parent or guardian has their own ParentVUE account. If a student has more than one parent or guardian, each will need to activate their account and update their own information.
Once your account has been activated, you will be able to access ParentVUE by visiting the ParentVUE login page from a personal computer, internet on a mobile device or with ParentVUE app. The ParentVUE app is free and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Benefits of Using ParentVUE We need you to activate your account as soon as possible so that you are ready for this transition and can begin taking advantage of the many benefits of using ParentVUE. You will be able to:
• Access your student’s school and personal information from a computer or mobile device using the ParentVUE App;
• View your student’s daily attendance;
• Manage your contact information, as well as your student’s emergency contacts and phone numbers;
• Communicate with teachers via email on ParentVUE;
• View student class schedules and track grades currently for secondary students and in the 2019-20 school year for elementary students; and
• Update your contact information when it changes so you don’t miss important messages or alerts.
Over the next few months, families will receive additional information about the new annual online verification process that is replacing the First Day Packet. In the meantime, if you need assistance with activating your ParentVUE account or have additional questions, please contact the main office at your student’s school.
Patrick K. Murphy, D. Ed.